5th Annual Border Security Conference
The 5th Annual Border Security Conference is your opportunity to gather with key industry colleagues at the nation’s top annual meeting place for border security professionals. The program will explore the most up to date border security threats and the latest approaches to border management cross cutting both the aviation and maritime, collaboration between industry and the public sector in protecting Australia’s critical infrastructure as well as topical issues such as security vulnerabilities and cyber warfare.
25 - 26 November 2013 | Novotel Melbourne on Collins
This years 5th Annual Border Security Conference will follow on from the success of the 2012 conference and will feature presentations from leading Australian border security experts.
Keynote Speaker Faculty Includes:
- Michael Pezzullo, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Marion Grant, Deputy CEO, Border Management and Chief Operating Officer, Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Peter Vardos PSM, Deputy Secretary, Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- John Schmidt, Chief Executive Officer, AUSTRAC
- Mark Everitt, Aviation Regulatory Advisor (Pacific Islands), New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade and New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority
- Peter Robertson, General Manager Aviation Security Branch, Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- Dr Jennie Clothier, Chief Technology Officer National Security, Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), Department of Defence
Topics to be Addressed:
- Border Security - Modernising Australias Border Management Systems to Meet Future Challenges and Threats
- The Role of Border Management in Protecting Australias Prosperity
- The Department of Immigration and Citizenships Role in Border Management
- The Role of International AML/CTF Cooperation for Australian Border Security
- Australias Evolving Security Environment
- Current and Emerging Security Threats in the Indo- Pacific
- Maritime Security Challenges Australia will be Facing Over the Next Ten Years
- Enhancing Public/Private Partnerships at Maritime Ports
- The Tetrahedron of Terrorism - Managing Risk Through the Substrates of Criminality
- 100% Screening of Airborne Freight - How is This Going to Be Achieved?
- What Capabilities Can Video Analytics Offer at Airports to Protect Our Borders?